This Website is maintained and operated by James Hallam Ltd (“we”, “us”, “our” etc) (registered office: 156 South Street, Dorking, Surrey, RH4 2HF).
We will always comply with the [Data Protection Act 1998 (“DPA”)]/[General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)] when dealing with your personal data. Further details on the [DPA/GDPR] can be found at www.ico.gov.uk.
We are the Data Controller for the purpose of the DPA and the GDPR.
We reserve the right to amend this Data Processing Policy from time to time without prior notice. You are advised to check the Site regularly for any amendments (but NB amendments will not be made retrospectively).
Non-personal information collected automatically
We are committed to the protection of the privacy of our Website visitors. We monitor statistics about our users, traffic patterns, and site performance, in order to monitor use of the Website and make improvements but these statistics are not shared with third-parties and do not include any personally identifying information.
All this information is non-personal statistical information and is entirely anonymous: we want to know how people in general are using the Website, not how you in particular are using the Website.
In order to respond to your sales enquiries or manage future interactive user functions, it may be necessary to ask for personal information such as your name, address, e-mail address and telephone number. We may use this information to respond to your requests or to contact you via mail, e-mail or telephone to inform you of new products, services or promotions that we offer.
We may use your personal data:
– to ensure that the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
– to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you;
– to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
– to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
– to notify you about changes to our service.
If you request a service or submit content to this Website, we may need to contact you for additional information required to process or fulfil your request.
Please note that, although no system of technology is completely infallible, we have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personal data from loss, misuse, or unauthorised alteration or destruction. We will notify you promptly in the event of any breach of your personal data which might expose you to serious risk.
No personal data from enquiry forms is kept in this Website.
You have the following rights under the [DPA/GDPR] in respect of your personal data held by us:
– to access your personal data
– to be provided with information about how your personal data is processed
– to have your personal data corrected
– to have your personal data erased in certain circumstances
– to object to or restrict how your personal data is processed
– to have your personal data transferred to yourself or to another business
You also have the right to take any complaints about how we process your personal data to the Information Commissioner:
0303 123 1113.
Information Commissioner’s Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
For more details, please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices to our Data Protection Officers:
Diana Bratt at Saxon House, Chelmsford, Essex, CM1 1HT
Andrew Hall at James Hallam House, Irongray Road, Dumfries, Scotland, DG2 0HS
Accuracy of collected data
James Hallam will, on its own initiative or at your request, update or erase any erroneous or outdated personal data retained in connection with the operation of this Website.
Links to other websites